Prepare for the Weather!
When the rain hits, Unitrans attracts even more passengers, and buses may be delayed due to traffic conditions on the road. But you can be prepared by planning ahead…
- Pack as light as possible for your bus trip. Smaller purses and backpacks really do help your drivers accommodate additional passengers on the bus.
- If possible, take an earlier bus to get to your destination on time.
- Have your Aggie undergraduate ID or valid fare ready before you board to speed up the boarding process.
- When you board the bus, please use any available seat. Standees are asked to move all the way to the back of the bus to make room for as many of your fellow passengers as possible. The driver cannot move the bus until all passengers are behind the yellow safety line at the front of the bus.
- As always, please make room for seniors and passengers with disabilities in the designated seating areas on the bus. They have places to go as well. Your consideration is most appreciated.
- Your safety is Priority #1, and your drivers are experienced at carrying fully loaded buses in a safe manner. Please trust your driver to know when the bus is completely full.
- Before you leave the bus, please take all of your belongings with you, especially any valuable items and your umbrellas. If you lose a valuable item (such as wallets, cell phones, or keys) and it is found by Unitrans staff, it will be turned into the UC Davis Police Department’s lost and found. Any other lost items found by Unitrans staff will be brought to the Unitrans Business Office at 5 South Hall (basement of South Hall).
By working together, Unitrans will get you where you need to go. And as always, Unitrans really appreciates all of our customers!