Unitrans is proposing the following changes to bus service to take effect in August 2019 for the 2019-20 academic year. Details for each proposal are below as well as how to comment and/or attend a public open house or public hearing on the proposals.
A/Z/O Reroute at Amtrak Station - Due to safety issues, the westbound A, O, and Z lines are proposed to be rerouted from 2nd Street between B Street and H Street to 3rd Street between B Street and H Street. The westbound Amtrak Station stop will be approximately one block from the Amtrak Station. Click here for A/Z downtown inset map and here for O line.
S North/West Davis Line - Discontinuation of pilot due to low ridership at end of the 2018-19 Davis Joint Unified School District school year. Customers are directed to F, P, and Q lines. Resources used on this line will be used to improve reliability on the P and Q lines. Click here for S line map.
O Weekend Shopper Shuttle - O Line is proposed to operate bi-directionally on 8th Street, L Street, and Pole Line Road to improve access to shopping opportunities such as the Grocery Outlet. As noted above, the O Line is also proposed to operate westbound on 3rd Street in Downtown Davis instead of 2nd Street due to safety issues. The schedule will be adjusted to improve reliability. Click here for map.
X Tercero Loop - The X line is proposed for discontinuation due to low ridership. Resources used on the X line will be used to improve reliability on the O Line. Click here for map.
D / G / J / W / V - Reintroduce midday weekday 15 minute service on the D, G, J, W, and V lines.
Annual Pass - Price will increase from $198 to $216 effective July 1, 2019. This change was approved and advertised starting in 2018. No changes to the cash fare, 10-ride ticket, monthly pass, or quarterly pass prices.
To submit comments:
1. Email us at email@example.com
2. Call us at 530-752-2877 from 7:30am to 6:00pm on Monday-Friday.
3. Mail us at Unitrans, 1 Shields Avenue, 5 South Hall, Davis, CA 95616
4. Come to one of two public open houses: April 2, 2019 from 4:00pm-7:00pm at the Davis Senior Center, 646 A Street, Davis, CA 95616 or April 4, 2019 from 4:00pm-7:00pm on UC Davis campus at the Memorial Union Building, 2nd Floor, DeCarli Room, 1 Shields Avenue, 201 Memorial Union, Davis, CA 95616.
5. Attend the public hearing on April 25, 2019 at 4:00pm at 25 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616 at the City Hall Chambers.
Final changes will be presented for approval at the Unitrans Advisory Committee meeting on April 25, 2019 at 4:00pm at 25 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616 at the City Hall Chambers.